Fit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 20-27th

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Kathleen

Just finished 20 min on elliptical and 10 min abs. Truly believe I would exercise much more if it didn't require showering afterwards.

27July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Kathleen

This is getting very boring talking to myself all the time...

28July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Mary

Mary

Sorry, I have been horrible. Bad eating and no exercise. Work is insane at the moment, which was good because all I had time to eat today was almonds. Then it was bad when I stopped at McDonalds for dinner. I got the grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo, no fries. Proud of myself for that. I am having a half margarita, half iced tea at the moment.

My weight is just increasing and I'm feeling very bad about all of it. I will get back on the motivated train.

Dave went for the Transformers filming, we'll have to see if his scene makes the final cut. I guess he was helping people exit a building that had aliens attacking it or something.

29July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:40 pm

Mary

Mary

By the way, I totally agree with the showering thing. It takes forever, particularly if you want to look nice and try to do something with your hair.

Who is our 5th to replace Kathy for the relay?

30July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Kathleen

Any recommendations on favorite brands or flavors of green tea? I think my yogi tea has gotten a bit old and flavorless.

31July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Kathleen

Salad with smoked mackeral for dinner. Very yummy. I even threw some capers on top. Banana sliced & dusted with cocoa powder for dessert. I will relax with some rishi green tea tonight instead of a perfectly chilled bottle of sofie.

32July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:24 am

Kathleen

Did 20 min elliptical and 10 min total body. Think I will just alternate with abs and total body and maybe throw yoga flex in now and then. How is everyone else doing? Been at this forum/healthy living for a month exactly now! No letting up now. I lost 0.8 lbs in a whole month. Must be a new record Exclamation

33July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Sheila

I have been eating like a moose and feel bigger than ever. The running doesn't seem to be doing much. Perhaps thats because I hardly ever go. Must kick it up a notch. Thought my belly would be flat by now

34July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Ann

Should we start a new week?

Went to the gym at lunch today, mostly just to get out of the building and warm up. Did 20 mins on the elliptical and 20 half-ass sit-ups. Wow, I can't believe we have been keeping it up for a month now! That is definitely a new record. Two months of fitter living for me now! Will all go to hell any day now I fear. Sadly, I can no longer enjoy watching Food Network or any of my cake shows becasue they make we so hungry and gluttonous.

35July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Kathleen

Yes we should either start a new week or just keep one going. Is there any benefit to breaking up the weeks? Salmon and veggies for dinner. Loads of nuts all day, I really should start rationing them out. I made a whey protein shake for breakfast this morning-quite tasty.
Definitely going to do 10 min abs tonight, not sure about elliptical. I think it may be making my varicose veins even bigger. Quite unsightly.

36July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:30 am

Ann

Yea! Able to access from work again! Sheila and I went to the Farmer's Market this morning at 7am. It was delightful, although the fresh bread and baked goods were extremely tempting. I thought I was back in San Francisco for a moment. Purchased a spinach, tomato and artichoke flatbread tart for my lunch! Won't mention the samples I consumed. Never did the dvd last night. Richards track this evening for sure! Mary, are you in town? What trips do you have coming up? Kathy, you will be the slimmest mom at the pool party tomorrow. (Also one of the few without tattoos)

37July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:04 am

Sheila

My goat cheese and mushroom tart was delicious! Looking forward to using my fresh basil in a healthy salad of some sort this evening. Must really make the most of today and tomorrow because my weekend slumber party will not include any exercise but will certainly include lots of snacking. REALLY looking forward to running tonight

38July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Mary

Mary

Goat cheese and mushroom tart...yummy! I am in town until Tuesday when I leave for Boca Raton for a few days of hell. No exercise still and food intake has been poor. I basically skipped dinner yesterday but gobbled down a bowl of popcorn at the movies. We went to see Inception-its long, but I really liked it.

I brought a bowl of cherries with me to work, maybe I'll just eat those all day. I have a wedding next Saturday, heading to it straight from the airport. I'm planning on bringing the ab dvds with me to Boca. The food is generally terrible so perhaps I can lose weight during that week and I'm only allowing myself to drink 1 night there. Still need a dress, though I'm sure I could find something in my closet.

39July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Sheila

Spend all your free time at the hotel swimming pool drinking water and lemon.

40July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Kathleen

Kept calories at minimum early on today so that I could indulge in Harry's birthday dinner. We had bacon wrapped filets, steamed cauliflower and roasted potatoes for dinner. Chocolate fudge birthday cake with a side of cheesecake and a glass of chardonnay. Yum. I could have eaten the entire cheesecake and would have if not for this swim party!

41July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:17 am

Sheila

That dinner sounds absolutely wonderful. Ate a ton of bruschetta (made with my farmers market basil), snacked all day on green beans (farmers market!) had a bite of a hotdog, a bite of a peanut butter sandwich, and a turkey breast sandwich (no cheese no mayo) after my mile and a half jog at the track with ann. Also indulged in a couple squares of chocolate ( a daily necessity). Going to head back to the track tonight and might forgo friday night pizza for subway so that I can be carefree in my eating habits at tomorrow's sleepover. Feeling energized and alive! Down almost 9lbs since May 1st!

42July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Mary

Mary

I was good at work yesterday, just ate cherries and almonds and 3/4 of a donut. When I got home, that was another story. Made a ton of buffalo wings that I dipped in ranch as well as 2 sliced of garlic bread with pasta sauce and cheese. I need someone looking over me at all times.

Just a bowl of cheerios and some coffee so far today. Maybe I'll get that walk in, if I can remember how to walk, it feels so long ago.

43July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Sheila

Mary, I recommend you try banning certain foods such as garlic bread from the house. Eat whole grain pasta if you are having pasta and throw a ton of broccoli and grilled chicken breast in there. That will fill you up better than garlic bread. Have you tried making bruschetta with your balsamic? Its a super healthy lo-cal meal. Also, if you go to trader joes they have THE BEST chipotle pepper hummus which is wonderful on the eating right whole grain pita chips (dominicks). And I still swear by chobani. And definitely no soda, diet or otherwise. My treat after a good day is a nonfat latte the next morning. I've been trying to bring fresh berries as my work snack. Blueberries are terrific. Also, have you tried the safeway signature cafe lowfat fiesta chicken soup? Fantastic! I have it for lunch a couple days a week. Also, try drinking a nice flavored tea through your work day. I find it very comforting and it makes me think twice about gorging myself with endless snacks.

44July 20-27th - Page 2 Empty Re: July 20-27th Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:30 am

Kathleen

I survived the pool party. All those poor mothers who were afraid to strip down & jump in. Never, will I be in their shoes! I really liked the land's end one piece, though it felt a bit suffocating at times.

I finished my evening with portillo's, cheesecake & wine. Tomorrow I get back on the wagon. Jackie's wedding is only 4 weeks away. I want to be able to enjoy myself poolside with a fancy cocktail in hand.

I am working on a recipe for macaroni and cheese with whole grain pasta that can replace the boxed stuff. The trick is making it taste good. Garlic bread can be made healthier using a whole grain baguette ~something like you get at Panera~ and serving with a roasted garlic clove like at tuscany-to die for!

Perfect 10 says fat is good, as long as it is from a natural source. Butter, Olive oil, cream...necessary for proper hormone functioning. It is the poisons found in low fat/diet products and processed foods that disrupt our hormones and make us fatter. Stick with fruits, veggies, and fish/chicken as much as possible and you can't go wrong.

I will have to try the chipotle pepper hummus, sounds yummy. I bought the roasted red pepper hummus from whole foods the other day but was a bit disappointed, still ate it all though (to get rid of it Razz ). Have enjoyed my green tea this week in place of my coffee. I was starting to get a coffee purely out of habit and not even enjoying it so I am taking a break.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum