Fit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 20-27th

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1July 20-27th Empty July 20-27th Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:26 am

Mary

Mary

FOCUS.

2July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Kathleen

Today I focused on my beer batter mushrooms, fish and chips and 1 liter, yes 1 liter of non lite beer. Love Irish Times. Tired, eyeing that strawberry tart in fridge. Is Sheila going to text me back about run or do I watch the bachelorette instead?? I think it might be dangerous after all to be a stay at home mom. The food at Walgreens is not nearly as tempting!

3July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 am

Mary

Mary

That meal sounds wonderful. I packed a lunch for tomorrow of broccoli, 2 small plums, fiber one bar, diet coke. I wonder what I'll really eat....

4July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:58 am

Kathleen

Gotta give up the diet coke! It's a trap-switch to bubbly water instead.
Stayed up too late, now definitely not getting up before work but will and i promise I will exercise tommorrow. Isn't that ab dvd impossible?!! I'm going to master it in the next 6 weeks.

5July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Mary

Mary

I don't drink it much, maybe 2 a week. We're iced tea folks.

The ab video is impossible, I aim to master it as well.

I went out for sushi for lunch-that isn't bad, right? Spicy tuna and an Alaskan roll (salmon and avocado).

The wedding/ring never came up last night (as expected) and I'm kind of out on the whole idea again. I've gotten a few price estimates and they're all so expensive.

I thought we were going to wine country for my bachelorette weekend...?

6July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Sheila

the expense of the ring is his, not yours. get a good one so you can cash it in if things go sour. Richards at 730

7July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Mary

Mary

I meant the expense of the ceremony. We're not budging on the ring...

8July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Ann

Just returned from Richards track with Sheila. Yes, day two. I only jogged 1 mile, then walked another mile I suppose. Ran into Rita McLaughlin there! Ate a pretzel at Auntie Anne's at the mall today and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Didn't have the usual 3 pieces of garlic bread and a half bottle of Merlot that I normally would have indulged in. And now, thundering applause please, I rode my 10 year old bike (in practically new condition) approximately 10 miles this morning! Right now I would give anything for that Irish Times meal!! Mary, let's plan that wine country weekend regardless of impending nuptials status.

9July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Mary

Mary

Sitting on the couch in my workout gear...can't get motivated.

I'm going to San Fran in January, we can do wine country then!

10July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Kathleen

Well I didn't physically exercise today but did exercise restraint when given a free Reese's peanut butter cup 2 pack at post office today. Perhaps it was the dark chocolate version that turned me off a bit but nonetheless I did not eat it. I put it in the fridge at work to taunt me...

Plan: wake early tomorrow to exercise and shower in that order

My vacation is fully booked now. Night one staying at Harrah's lake tahoe(wedding cruise departs from there at 5pm). For next 2 nights driving back to North Tahoe and staying at the Hyatt. I will be bikini ready thanks to 10 minute Abs and Tony Horton.
Check it out

http://www.hyattregencylaketahoe.com/

11July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:26 am

Mary

Mary

I was inspired by Ann & Sheila's jogging so I got my lazy butt off the couch and wii'ed it up for 160 calories. I enjoyed it and feel better about myself. I did not reach my goal, which had been set for today, but I was down 1.5lbs since yesterday, even though I continually feel heavier. I have set my new goal, down 4lbs 2 weeks from now.

I was pretty good at Costco today: chicken, milk, eggs, raisins, fiber one bars, hummus, bananas, salsa, berries, iceberg lettuce, pita chips. I saw the Chobani there for $11.67 for a 12 pack, but I can't really eat yogurt so I didn't get it. I'm really enjoying my breakfast smoothies anyway.

12July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:29 am

Mary

Mary

Kathy, don't leave that hotel! It is beautiful. I want to be there now and forever.

13July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:59 am

Kathleen

Just finished 20 min slow elliptical (that's better for fat loss right?) and 10 min total body which I think is a great workout for the arms (first 5 min). As for the rest of it, I was too exhausted and out of breath to really put much effort into it. I feel like crap but it's probably because I stayed up to watch the invention of lying and boy o boy did Jason Bateman look good Ann!

14July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:27 am

Sheila

I need to go to Costco with someone that has a membership! I should probably get one myself. That chobani deal is awesome. I also need to pick up my ab dvd from Kathy. Maybe mom can bring it home for me today. Thats my number one problem area. Hope to be back at the track again tonight. Feel so good when I get home. Tried to work out this morning but just did a very slow crawl on the recumbent bike for twenty minutes. I'm sure it counts for something. For some reason my muscles are still too sleepy in the morning. Really enjoying the evening jogs. Diet will be better today after yesterdays poor performance. Lots of water, chobani for breakfast, fresh fruit, subway for dinner (no cheese, mayo or oil), and maybe some chipotle pepper hummus and pita chips.

15July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Ann

Adding The Invention of Lying to the top of my Netflix queue!

16July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:43 am

Sheila

Hit the track again last night. So proud of us! Mom and Margaret showed up too. I jogged a mile, took a break, jogged half a mile more, and then we walked for a good hour and a half through the wetlands trail. No exercise this morning for me and we'll see about tonight. Have a wake to attend and also have to get to toys r us. Tomorrow is a very important day!

17July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Ann

Did so good the last couple of days, and it all just went to hell in the form of Taco Joe. Now feel disgusting.

18July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Kathleen

did 25 min on elliptical and most of ab dvd. that's a toughie! Ate too well today, in fact i am quite hungry as a result and that can be dangerous at this hour. Must don a swimsuit next friday after all which will be awkward in front of people i hardly know. i wonder if anyone will wear a bikini? definitely going to do 10 minute program b/c they must be good if i can't even finish.

19July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:47 am

Mary

Mary

Did not do any exercise yesterday or today. Yesterday I ate too much, partially because whenever there is a free meal in front of me (lunch yesterday), I have this crazy need eat as much freebies as necessary. Gluttony.

I didn't get a chance to eat at all at work today (stress, pressure, deadlines). I was okay when I got home until our pizza was delivered at 10pm. Very bad.

I will get back on board tomorrow. I work from home but have a ton to do (sales meeting in 10 days) so I don't know yet if I'll make it south. I'm thinking I will but I have to check several things off my list before leaving since I know Saturday is completely shot.

20July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Kathleen

didn't wake early Crying or Very sad

21July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Ann

20 minutes on elliptical-used to try for 5, sad case that I am! Apple for lunch (but having a beer now).

22July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:02 am

Sheila

I tried for five on the eleiptical two days ago and thought I would have a heart attack at three. I'm still a sad case. I just feel like I'm falling forward on that thing. Did nothing the last two days except prepare for the big turning two event. Had so much fun with my little Seany but now I must buckle down again. I fear tomorrow will be another piggie day but if it is it will be the last!

23July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Kathleen

I am going to reread the perfect 10 diet which i think is very informative. It does involve some cutting back on caffeine and alcohol though... I just like how it allows lots of fat! I hope to get on elliptical before party today. Time is flying by though and we all need a wash.
Post party: glad I spent that extra time to shower and dry my hair and bathe the girls so that we could get as sticky and sweaty as possible. Fortunately it was too humid too really want to eat or drink much but water. Where do they sell full fat chobani i wonder? Makeover day tomorrow. Can't wait to chop my hair after today!

24July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 am

Sheila

What a glorious breezy day! Perfect weather for a run! I will return to Richards today

25July 20-27th Empty Re: July 20-27th Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am

Kathleen

had a wonderful meal at Harrison's this evening. Spinach, cheese and chicken stuffed mushrooms, salad greens drenched in balsalmic and scallops with more vegetables of course. Yum yum. Went to see Inception & did NOT indulge in popcorn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum