Fit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Week of June 27th-July 3rd

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Week of June 27th-July 3rd Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Admin

Admin

Keep track of what you've done-food and exercise!

https://fitforum.forumotion.com

2Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty June 27 Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Mary

Mary

I got home around 6, took a nap, then ate leftovers of pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes. I never stopped for salad fixings. I will try to video tonight, if Dave will ever go to sleep.

The reviews for staying at the Grand Geneva aren't so great. A lot of the complaints have to do with the amount of roudy children at the resort though. Kathy found out it is $1,000 down payment to reserve a date, still wondering about the cost per plate. I will email Jessica tomorrow.

3Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:05 pm

keb78

keb78

This is going to be fun! Well i got home exhausted-think that walk affected me more than others....ate some pizza and am going to call it an early night. plan to set alarm for 7 am and do 10 minutes of something!

Tell dave to go in the other room for 10min. who knows- Maybe he would want to do it with you?

All of your guests will be too tired & drunk too worry about children running through a resort at bedtime. In fact it will probably be people complaining about the noise of your guests that weekend!

4Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:49 am

Ann

Oh, this is a great idea! Finished the bottle of wine last night, then invited myself over to my neighbors, who were having an outdoor party, in order to get my wine glass refilled. Went to bed too late, but am now drinking my coffee and hoping to workout on my lunch hour! I would think most rowdy kids would stay at the waterpark, not in the Grand Geneva. Like Kathy said, your guests will no doubt pass out as soon as they enter a room, so disregard the complaints and call Jessica today!

5Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 am

Sheila

I was exhausted last night so I didn't do anything except snack on chocolate almonds. Had Subway for dinner, footlong chicken breast on honey oat. All the veggies, no cheese, no mayo. Didn't get up to work out this morning because I was up all night with Sean. Its not going to be a wasted day though! I'm going to have my chobani for breakfast and I'll force myself to move my butt this evening.

6Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:24 am

keb78

keb78

never set the alarm so had olivia wake me about 8:30 am with other two waking shortly after. will fit in 10 minutes during Audrey's nap!! Enjoying a keurig cup now.

7Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:41 am

Mary

Mary

For fear of infecting the staff with my developing cough and sore throat, I am working from home today. This will help kick off my healthy living. I have started my day with a small bowl of cheerios and a coffee. I'm planning a shake and a long walk for lunch. I did not do anything productive last night.

8Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:53 pm

keb78

keb78

Ok, did the yoga flex today. easy but still counts tongue About all I have energy for today.

9Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Sheila

passion tea and a salad for lunch. A salad full of salami , blue cheese, and provolone but still a salad! Dinner will be light. Possibly tuna and veggies. I'll try to avoid the chocolate covered almonds and chips. Scratch that. I'm DEFINITELY going to avoid them. Positive thinking!!! Definitely going to try a video tonight and go for walk. Back and neck still sore so I'm not going to attempt jogging

10Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Ann

Went to the gym on my lunch hour! Did 30 minutes on the treadmill, about 2.2 miles. Mostly walking at a fast paced, but a few minutes of fast running interspersed. Did manage to break a sweat. I plan on doing the ab dvd tonite.

11Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Mary

Mary

I walked to North Ave Beach and back, which is just over 3.5 miles. I just did the 10 minute trainer of the cardio, which was tough, but doable! My Abs DVD does not work so I would like another, please. That is my biggest problem area. I'm watching the yoga trainer now-looks difficult. I think my workout is done for the day. I am going to make chicken fajitas with black beans and rice for dinner since I don't want the ingredients to go bad. I don't think that is too unhealthy, but I'm not going to check.

I'm feeling very confident in our blogging technique. Your activity motivates me.

12Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:29 pm

keb78

keb78

will make you a new copy of dvd asap! when will you be around? I now wonder am I doing the yogaflex correct at all b/c it is actually enjoyable. Galaxy chocolate and a spring cider for my nightcap. It is monday after all...

13Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:22 am

keb78

keb78

I am awake! cheers On to the elliptical & 10 min abs. Wish me luck

14Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:46 am

Sheila

Good job girls! I had another wasted day yesterday. This back injury is really slowing me down. Forgot to take my ibupropen all day so by evening I was too sore to do anything. I did take a slow stroll to dominicks for tuna salad fixins-not very healthy considering all the miracle whip I used. I opted for whole grain bread so at least I got some fiber. Had a couple cookies and two chocolate covered almonds with my nighttime tea. Not too bad but today will be better.

15Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 am

keb78

keb78

Sheila I would really recommend the yoga flex for you for a day or two since it is more of a good stretch than anything until you are feeling better.
I just finished 20 minutes on the elliptical which was more than enough for me but since I had already posted my goal I had to continue with the abs. Has anyone tried this yet? It is tough. I watched the trainer version ths time and it explains how to do the exercises instead of just winging it.
Babies still asleep. I think I will take a quick shower and gather some raspberries outside for some pancakes this morning.

16Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 am

Sheila

Raspberry pancakes! How exquisite! I will try the yoga today for sure. Gotta be Jillian (minus the face) for Mary's wedding

17Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 am

Ann

Kathy, what a great start to your day! I still have not done any of the dvds! Mary, hilarious avatar. Sheila, I nearly used that as my avatar until I found the other one. Going to aim for the gym again today, and try to have to self control when I go out for dinner tonight.

18Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:20 am

Mary

Mary

My chicken fajitas last night were delicious (I think it was the lime olive oil) and I did not overstuff myself. I did find some Ferro Rochiers though but limited myself to 2, rather than eating all that was left. I had just a handful of sunflower seeds before going to bed-I told myself it would help keep my metabolism up overnight.

My alarm went off at 6:30, but I did not go for the walk I had intended to do. I went back to bed, disappointing myself. I'll get there. For breakfast I had a shake made with milk, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and I added some whey protein. It was pretty good, but I think I needed to add a banana to thicken it up some more.

I brought fajita leftovers for lunch and my gym shoes, so maybe I'll go for a walk here, it would probably help my afternoon laziness.

19Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:50 am

Sheila

Mary, try the plain or vanilla greek yogurt in your shake. That should thicken it up. Plus you'll get heaps of protein

20Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Mary

Mary

I walked 3.2 miles on my lunch break. It took me exactly an hour from when I left my desk and returned. I went onto google maps and picked a route around the neighborhood. If you haven't used google directions before, I recommend it. You can drag the route to wherever you want. They give you walking times and will adjust time & distance based on where you put the points to hit. You can probably do this for your walk in LG to get the right distance too. There are so many big beautiful houses around here too. I am a bit sweaty though. Tomorrow I will bring a change of clothes, I think.

There was leftover salad from Panera in the break room so I did fix myself a small salad to get through the rest of the workday. I did not take a piece of bread, but I really wanted to.

21Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Mary

Mary

I'm starving to death. Since the salad I have had a Fiber Plus bar (chocolate chip 120 cal, 4g fat), which was delicious but I want another. Or a huge chunk of bread. Must. Fight. The. Cravings.

22Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:39 pm

keb78

keb78

Mary you should get yourself some trail mix or nuts at least. I usually have a few ounces a day (almonds) and they keep the hunger off until you can eat some real food.
Great walk today! I was so busy at work today (understaffed) that my dinner consisted of handfuls of pita chips and a bag of cheddar pretzel sandwiches i found in my locker ...not good. I didn't even have time to eat the chobani i brought. Sad I am finishing the day off with a chunk of the galaxy bar.

23Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Ann

Well, I fell off the fitness wagon today. I was very busy at work and could not get to the gym. Went out for dinner with Karen, but did manage to eat pretty healthy: broiled orange roughy, broccoli, and salad with one small piece of bread. Skipped dessert! No matter what, I am getting to the gym tomorrow. This is indeed a great motivator. I refuse to be the fattest bridesmaid!

24Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:02 am

Admin

Admin

1 hour 15 minutes on the Wii Fit. That equals about 150 calories of yoga, but it's something! I had another fajita for dinner, some sunflower seeds, and a few chips and salsa. Not too bad, I don't think. I feel proud of myself for the day, anyhow. I have packed 2 sets of workout outfits to bring to work tomorrow for the next 2 days. I might try to get a few people in the office to rotate days with me, it got a bit boring today. Although I do love to get away from them... Going to make a salad for lunch tomorrow with grilled chicken. YUM!

25Week of June 27th-July 3rd Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 am

Admin

Admin

I did have almonds at work before, but I ate them nonstop, more than just when I had cravings. Your dinner sounds very healthy, Ann! But yes, make it to the gym tomorrow! I have my Big Salad all prepared for tomorrow: chicken, feta, balsamic vinegar, onion, and lettuce mix. I also have my morning shake all set, just have to add milk and blend. Must keep habits. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum