Fit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: AUGUST Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Kathleen

28-Amazing! just wait 'til they ask Kevin if he's your father! With only one month to go we need to know who that 5th runner is. I don't want to invest time running if we don't end up going to Moline. Have Rory or Tommy expressed any interest?

27AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: AUGUST Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:58 am

Ann

Both Rory and Tommy are interested. We have to check with Mary when she gets back about the registration. Rory said he will for sure as long as there is not a problem with changing registration. Then again, who would know/what difference does it make?

28AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: AUGUST Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Kathleen

Don't think it should matter... I hope I was registered for an x-small t-shirt!

29AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:30 am

Ann

How is it possible to gain 3 pounds in one day?

30AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: AUGUST Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:34 am

Sheila

Oh its possible, its very possible. No running again for me yesterday. Baked a "healthy" loaf of zucchini bread and then proceeded to eat about a pound of it covered in butter. Taco dip, chips and guacamole for dinner. totally gross day. Today I will be better

31AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: AUGUST Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:12 am

Ann

Maybe I need to mix up my routine a bit. I am going to go for a long bike ride in a little bit. After my awesome workout yesterday, I thought those 3 lbs would be gone. No, still there. Zucchini bread would go nicely with my morning coffee. Kathy, how was the trip???? Mary, where are you these days??

32AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: AUGUST Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:12 pm

Kathleen

Trip was wonderful. Wedding a blast, though one night was enough to stay at a Harrah's. Glad I made other arrangements for next 2 nights. I have become such a hotel snob! Finally discovered the real purpose of McDonalds- hangover cure! Never was it more appreciated. One detail missed in wedding-feed the guests!!
Hyatt was fantastic! gorgeous and expensive. I sat in the hot tub each evening since it was quite chilly in Lake Tahoe but views around lake are absolutely beautiful. I was thinking maybe good spot for bachelorette? Classy but still fun. I resisted urge to book any spa appointment but I could just imagine what heavenly rituals took place behind those doors. We hiked a trail of about 5 miles one day but rest of trip was admittedly gluttonous. I won $500 on wheel of fortune and another $200 or so on sex and city game but that is where my luck ended. Breakfast included latte's and pastries from little nook downstairs. Similar to Starbuck's, the better they looked the worse they tasted. Croissants were always perfect though! Ordered the most fantastic desserts from room service one night. Orange infused creme brulee with white chocolate dipped biscotti and rhubarb & blueberry crumble with warmed cream. They were absolutely perfect!!
Room comfortable though not remarkable but I appreciated the fresh smell and cleanliness after Harrah's. I believe you are paying for the views at this place! That and the glass of champagne upon check in. I would definitely go back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum