Fit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1AUGUST Empty AUGUST Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:13 am

Kathleen

How about a monthly topic?

Feeling quite toxic this morning. Went out to Krapil's for dinner yesterday evening. Had too many indulgences all weekend between that cheesecake, bratwurst, chinese food, beer & wine.

Today is a new day! Started out with some chicken breakfast sausage and green tea. I need to drink lots of water today. Hope to exercise during Audrey's nap. Feel exhausted though-could it possibly be due to poor eating habits over the weekend? I threw away all remaining power bars from marathon training- all contained soy protein isolate, which is not good apparently. Too bad they put it in almost every meal replacement bar. Whey protein is the way to go according to perfect 10. So much to learn.

2AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:06 am

Sheila

That perfect ten book sounds interesting. I definitely think those artificial sweeteners and chemicals are evil. I have been a lazy pig for the last two days and gobbled everything in sight. I am incapable of woring out alone. Motivation is fading fast. Today is a new day. I will monitor my eating at the very least. Up two pounds again. Must increase water and take a multivitamin. So tired all the time. Going to Ravinia this Saturday and would rather stay home for the block party with Sean and Daniel. Oh well. Anyone interested in babysitting??? Mike doesn't want to ask his mom. I might ask Debbie but I know its overwhelming for her

3AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Kathleen

We unfortunately have a 21st birthday party to attend Sat night at yet another pool. No one appears to have normal house parties anymore. Pools are so much fun with young children!

Work was stressful with computers crashing on us left and right so I plan on having a nice glass of wine or maybe 2. Hopefully dinner will be a healthier choice. I have to shower now to go up to St. Geralds for book day or some other nonsense so that rules exercise out. No way in hell am I taking another.

4AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Ann

Well, yesterday I succumbed to jalapeno pretzel wrapped hot dog from Auntie Annes's, and might I say it was delicious! No doubt laden with fat and preservatives, but I will try and be good today. Sheila, I can watch the boys Saturday evening when you go to Ravinia. I am going to LG Thursday evening, but will be back on Saturday. What time will you need me? I am totally flexible, mostly just wanted to be up there on Friday to meet Colleen Brady. With any luck K will have the kids Saturday night, so it would be almost as good as a night out for me! Kathy, you must be rockin that bathing suit with all those pool invites!

5AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Sheila

Thank you very much Ann! I worked overtime yesterday and will be doing the same today and tomorrow (Obama Drama) so no exercise for me for these few days. Hopefully I won't be able to eat much either since we're not allowed to leave our vehicle unattended. Had two hard boiled eggs with my coffee this morning and some cantaloupe so I'm off to a good start. Going to bring some fruit in the car with me and say no to all the chips and candy the lieutenant will be offering me. I'll do isometrics in the squad car and situps before bed tonight! Superfreak! I'm wearing my academy pants today and they're not even tight!!!!

6AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Kathleen

Isometrics in the squad car!! lol! love it. Plan on doing some exercise tonight. Just had big homemade salad for dinner and 1/2 a bratwurst. Trying to resist eating more of them by drinking a glass of red wine. Had to indulge in a pepperidge farm lemon cookie today at work b/c i had never tried them before. and yes, it was worth eating! Off to gymnastics with the girls now. Hopefully it will inspire me.

7AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 am

Sheila

Getting back on track with my running tonight. No matter how humid it is! Ann, if you're going can we make it at 8pm or even later to avoid the sun as much as possible? I'm going to superhydrate myself all day to prepare for it. must do ab dvd also. Can anyone help me change my e-mail address on this thing? I tried going to my profile but there's no option to change it. For now I will be going to sheilaprendergast@yahoo.com since my hotmail account was attacked. Please update

8AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Sheila

Down 10lbs since May 10th! Wow!

9AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Kathleen

Sheila I changed my name on the old email account to keb78 and then just signed up again with my new address since you can't use the same name twice. I couldn't find any way to change it either.

Wow 10 lbs! You won't need a key

10AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Kathleen

Made healthier tacos today for lunch by mixing in brown rice into the ground beef. Girls loved them- said it was just like a restaurant!

11AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 pm

Kathleen

Got Sept 25 and 26th off work. Better start running now. 6 weeks away...are we registered yet?! Like a Star @ heaven

12AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Sheila

Has everyone given up on the fit forum??? Mary, are you out there??? I think we should really finalize who the five runners are for the relay and draw straws for which leg we get. I need to mentally prepare myself. Still haven't jogged more than 1.5 miles without stopping but I'm sure I can get up to two if I keep at it this week. My tentative goal is two miles by saturday morning. Working afternoons this week so I will have to utilize the district treadmill instead of the track

13AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Kathleen

I feel like I am talking to myself here since no one ever posts Sad

Anyway made some banana bread this afternoon with whole wheat pastry flour, agave instead of sugar and flax seed. Not too impressive let me tell you. Agave seems to turn the item a much darker color & still doesn't have the right sweetness. Back to sugar I'm afraid.

Too tired to exercise tonight I fear. I will start running before the week is out.

I have already one large bag of clothes for St. Vincent. Went through all 3 girls clothes today and sorted them somewhat. That show Hoarders is a real inspiration

Last edited by Kathleen on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

14AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Sheila

Thats too bad about the banana bread. it sounded so promising! Working afternoons is dangerous. Its freezing in here and I'm lonely and bored. Had to get a hot rotisserie chicken to warm myself up. And then I proceeded to eat THE ENTIRE THING. It probably would've been fairly healthy if I hadn't eaten every bit of skin I found on it. Now i'm eating pita chips and hummus. after this I'm going to have a hot cup of passion tee and hit the gym! I absolutely must get up there. Getting sleepy...

15AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Sheila

Working afternoons is awful!!! There is no one here and the office is about 52 degrees! I'm freezing and lonely. Feel like the sole survivor of an alaskan airplane crash lost and alone in a freezing wilderness! Stuffing my face with the only food I have , in this case its a bag of multigrain pita chips which I have consumed 880 calories and 24 grams of fat from. Not so healthy when you indulge in the quantity I've just consumed. Just had a cup of tea and am trying to force myself to work out. Did a pathetic twenty minutes on the bike yesterday while watching bachelor pad. I've come to the realization that jogging outdoors is the only form of exercise I can somewhat stand

16AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Kathleen

Made a wonderful curry chicken with mushrooms, onion & green peppers from our very own garden. Must attempt even 10 min of exercise tonight. Yuck. maybe not. I have a cucumber soaking in fancy balsamic for tomorrow. Feel like a shower & a beer to end the night and then I will wake early for exercise. Yes, it's a plan!

17AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Sheila

I have given up on exercise. all motivation gone. Just want to eat everything in sight

18AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 am

Kathleen

So I did get up yesterday and do 20 min on elliptical and I am up this morning but am hesitant to exercise since I hate it. I don't know how I am going to fit this running in!! Maybe after the whole first week of school is over. Nonetheless, I am going to be super productive on this day! Many things to do before the urchins awake. sunny

19AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Ann

Wasn't sure anyone was still posting, so happy to find out that you are, especially since I have been unmotivated as well. Sheila and I went to the track tonight, so that is a start. Sometimes it just feels like what is the point?? Especially when you hate your husband.

20AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:30 am

Kathleen

I think that would be more motivation to keep in shape! My running will start next week when I return. Unless of course I get inspired to start in lake tahoe but that is very doubtful. I hope you have all booked your rooms. I believe we still need a 5th runner...Rory perhaps?

21AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 am

Sheila

Ann, nearly fell off my chair at work when I read your post. Too funny. I felt so good after my run last night that I even put on the ab dvd when the boys went to sleep. Pretty much just watched it to see how the exercises were performed but I tried a few. Tough! I'm going to have to incorporate this in my routine the next couple weeks. Going to run every day until Labor day. NO MATTER WHAT. Track at 6pm tonight. Chobani now.

22AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 am

Ann

Well, on the one hand, it is very motivating to imagine the hunt for my next husband. However, I need more short term goals to keep me on track. Stopped for chobani on my way in to work. Will try and meet Sheila at the track tonight. Kathy, will you be showing off your newly sculpted abs in Lake Tahoe?

23AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:31 am

Kathleen

Have no idea what to bring to Tahoe. About 80 during day but in 30's at night!! Definitely going for a mani/pedi this week anyway, and will have to go heavy on the Jergen's. Think I will just do my 10min trainer this week to prepare and Running will be the focus of next month. This back to school will be the death of me this week!

24AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 am

Sheila

Those temps sound wonderful! Spend the evening in the hot tub looking at the mountains and stars and then run back to the room and enjoy a roaring fire! And you get to wear a cozy sweatshirt! I would just bring one pair of jeans, one sweatshirt or sweater and a cozy pair of pjs

25AUGUST Empty Re: AUGUST Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Ann

Scale was my friend today! New metabolic age of 28!!! I think I was about 70 the first time I tried it. Also, woman at the dry cleaners referred to Kevin's mother as my grandmother. Ran two miles (almost ran it all) after I walked the kids to school this morning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum