Fit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 12th-19th

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1July 12th-19th Empty July 12th-19th Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Mary

Mary

Slowly but surely...

2July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 am

Mary

Mary

I have new motivation for weight loss-finding a new boyfriend! He's going to be great. Thoughtful, caring, complementary.

We've been very quite lately, I know the weekends are tough, they are for me, but we have to keep this going. When is Ann back?

I did a walk yesterday but it got cut short due to the rain. I did 30 minutes on the Wii as well. My food intake wasn't bad until idiot made me drink 6 beers to calm myself down. He was only going to out "for a little bit" at 2:30. Last I heard from him was at 4, wouldn't answer his phone or return calls when I started worrying at 9pm. Finally at 11:30 he sends a text that he's drunk and staying on the southside, after I'd contacted his sister who was going to meet up with him and checked all the accident reports, expecting him to be dead on Lake Shore Drive. Inconsiderate jerk. Good thing I have a hotel room downtown to stay in for the next few days due to a work function and then I fly out Thursday for a conference in Georgia. I think I might go down to Champaign for the weekend and stay with Eric, not sure. I have no intention of talking to him for a week, not sure if this is the best solution but if I see him there is a good chance I'll stab him. He came home at 5am and smartly slept on the couch after trying to roll me onto the other side of the bed-I was awake and refused to budge. The positive is I got out of bed at 6:30 and made it to work at 8-that hasn't happened in a long time! This means that it is pure laziness that I don't exercise in the mornings and that I can change that!

3July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:12 am

keb78

keb78

Forgot to post in the new week! Coffee brewing chobani on the way. Much too much beer yesterday but I'll blame the white sox. May just aim for 10 minute yoga flex today. Mary did you get your dvd yet?

4July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 am

Mary

Mary

I did, thank you! Maybe I'll do it today.

5July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:31 pm

keb78

keb78

B today, no exercise due to a stiff neck. Those heat patches are wonderful though- got me through work.

6July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:00 am

Mary

Mary

What happened to your neck? Too much working out?

I did okay yesterday, minus the fries I split at dinner. I had brought my lunch (chicken and fettucini, which wasn't bad) and ordered a cob salad for dinner along with the hummus platter (to split) and walked home from the restaurant.

I started my day with a milk protein shake and coffee and have brought the leftovers of my salad and tuna salad to work. If it looks gross around lunch time I have a tv dinner here too. I expect the next few days to be dangerous with work meals. We're eating at David Burke's Primehouse tomorrow night.

http://www.davidburke.com/

7July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:23 am

keb78

keb78

I think I may have just slept funny-who knows. Had my blood work done for my endocrinologist last sat. Total cholesterol 144. It makes me want to get a big cheeseburger and vanilla milkshake! I bought a box of meat off a door to door salesman yesterday to celebrate. I will attempt precor before work. All plans to do it when I got home last night went out the window.
Just checked out the restaurant menu and I am so jealous!! Everything sounds fantastic. Enjoy your main and just watch your sides I think. Are you going to stick with a steak? Can I go too?

8July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Kathleen

20 minutes on elliptical done

9July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Ann

Kathy, you are a freak! 144! That is awesome. Just remembered I ate a Krispy Kreme at the airport yesterday. Contributed to the fact that we missed our flight and had to spend 9 hours at the airport. FUN!! Mary, how is that strategy working on Dave?

10July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Kathleen

Ann you could have almost driven home in that time! At least your calories were well spent. I don't feel like exercising today and now neck is okay but shoulder a bit stiff. I think the rest is doing it well.

11July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:08 am

Ann

So, I went to the gym at HQ yesterday only to end up locking the key to my locker inside my locker. The frustration led to an awesome workout, however, but did result in boltcutters. Thank you, Sheila for the phone number to building services! I used a couple of the machines and the treadmill and actually broke a sweat.

12July 12th-19th Empty I'm Back!!! Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:34 am

Sheila

I haven't checked in all week because I'm no longer getting new message notifications in my e-mail so I thought no one was writing. hmm. wonder whats up with that. I finally tried to do those ten minute trainer dvds last night but the ab one isn't working! I didn't let that stop me though. I put on the other one and did the cardio part. Well, I gave it my best shot anyhow. Something is seriously wrong with my coordination bacause I can't get the proper arm/leg movements going. This morning I did a brisk twenty minute walk and I'm off to buy some chobani! If anyone ever sees that stuff on sale please let me know. I pay 1.69 for each cup.

13July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:47 am

Ann

Someone at work just mentioned that they have Chobani on sale this week at Jewel 10/$10. Great deal if this is true and they have any in stock. I pay $1.79 each at Oak Lawn Fresh Market.

14July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 am

Sheila

I'll check it out. Fat black lady at dominicks said its just like eating ice cream! I don't think the chobani is doing much for her figure unfortunately

15July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Kathleen

We pay almost $12 at costco for 12 cups mixed flavors- blueberry, peach and strawberry. Good deal though you don't get to pick flavors. Fortunately I favor blueberry and harry favors peach.
Hmmmm you only tried the dvd yesterday Sheila! I will make you another. I really intended on exercising tonight but I am superchilling my sangria instead. Looks like it might be taco night! I must wake earlier...i must wake earlier...

Last edited by Kathleen on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

16July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Ann

Perfect evening for sangria! Housemates in LG so I stopped for a six pack of Summer Shandy. Should really find a boyfriend. No gym today!

17July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Sheila

Ha! A boyfriend! Love it!

18July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:17 am

Sheila

I need to get a costco membership and a second refrigerator. Didn't work out this morning and it gets harder and harder to do it as the day progresses. Heading home at 11 because babysitter has to leave early. My goal is to get both boys for a nap at the same time and do the ten minute cardio tape. Can't do sit ups because my tailbone apparently repositioned itself in the wrong location after I broke it and now it digs into the floor causing an unpleasant grinding pain

19July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:45 am

Kathleen

you should stop by and get the ab dvd sheila. i am sitting here trying to decide whether i should have coffee or exercise. why is it so difficult?!

20July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:04 am

Sheila

I would always convince myself that the metabolism boost I would get from my coffee was just as good as a trip to the gym!

21July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Kathleen

20 minutes elliptical and 10 min abs done. I have 2 weeks to get in shape for the pool party!

22July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:57 am

Ann

Very lazy and self indulgent weekend, I'm afraid. Really need to get back on track starting today. Who's pool party are you going to, Kathy? Mary, where have you been?

23July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am

Kathleen

Olivia's party at central pool. I actually have to work that night so Harry will have to be Mr. Mom and hang out with all the other parents. My bikini debut can be postponed I suppose. He better start doing that ab dvd!! Anyone want to watch Sinead and Audrey for a couple hours?

Meant to be better today but Chi Tung got a hold of me. Will improve tomorrow!

24July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:47 am

Sheila

I'm sure I can watch the girls for you. That's the 30th, right? I was originally planning the garden party for that night but realized you were working. Made an attempt on the bike this morning but was seriously struggling six minutes into it at pretty much the lowest level. I quit at ten minutes and vowed to hydrate myself all day and squeeze twenty minutes of something in later. Hopefully it won't be as humid today and I can go to Richards for an evening jog. The relay clock is ticking!!!!

25July 12th-19th Empty Re: July 12th-19th Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 am

Ann

Sheila, I will go to Richards with you this evening. I will have to bring the kids, but they can run around or bring a soccer ball or something. I still can't run for about more than 5 minutes without stopping to walk for a bit. Very pathetic. POWER test is in October.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum