Fit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 5th through 11th

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1July 5th through 11th Empty July 5th through 11th Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Mary

Mary

Be good! Stay strong!

2July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:56 am

keb78

keb78

Just finished 20min elliptical and 8/10 minutes total body. Thought i was going to die for a moment so thought it best to stop. The week has begun!!!

3July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:54 am

Sheila

Did a twenty minute walk on the treadmill this morning which I'm very proud of. Its the first bit of exercise I've done in a week. Hopefully it will motivate me to eat well today after my gluttonous weekend. Brought a salad with grilled chicken and avocado for lunch, almonds to snack on. Must sneak out and get some chobani for breakfast. Gonna have a cup of decaf now.

4July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Sheila

Had two mini milky way midnights. Absolutely NEEDED chocolate. I think only having two was a terrific display of self restraint

5July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Mary

Mary

I have been terrible. Too much drinking this weekend. My scale today reflected that I was back to my starting point, 154lbs. This is morning weight. I skipped breakfast after waking up late (since my hopeful 6:30am walk never happened and I shut the alarm off rather than resetting it. And then I went to Chipotle for lunch. I got a chicken salad, but all of their fixings are terrible for you and my lunch was about 700 calories. Must do a lot of exercise this evening.

I did inquire about the Grand Geneva...just curious, really. I may elope. Sinead told me I have to get married so the babies will come out of my stomach. She's probably worried that they're trapped in there now.

6July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 pm

keb78

keb78

B+ so far on the diet. I changed my diet profile to the mediterranean one instead of the regular on calorie count. It helped that the spicy chicken cesear salad i got at wendy's was gross so i didn't finish it all. i am hungry for dinner though. we'll see how this goes. salad, pork chop and rice on the menu- now i just need to prepare it!

7July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Sheila

You seem to be finding all sorts of things I'm unaware of on calorie count.com. Saturday and Sunday were both d- for little miss piggy. I was so disgusted with myself I swore I wouldn't eat for a week. I gained two pounds this past week from my lack of movement and pigging out but now I'll be good again Smile

8July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:13 pm

keb78

keb78

no salad made but i substituted corn on the cob, yum

Under my account-go to analysis- it says in small print: nutrition setting based on x diet and then you can choose. I changed mine to custom and put in 40C-30P-30F instead and now i am good on both carbs and protein but still high fat. grade B including the hoegaarden i plan to indulge in later.

interesting website www.phord.com/cc

not sure what it all means yet but i think it gives you a healthy recommendation of where to balance food & exercise in cutting calories.

9July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 am

keb78

keb78

just finished 20 min elliptical and about 70% of ab dvd

10July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 am

Sheila

I got a B+ for yesterday on calorie count! I've realized I'm consuming WAY too much sodium. I didn't get up in time to exercise this morning so thats going to be my struggle for the day. I'm just too tired when I get home from work. Must do something though. Brought a healthy salad again for lunh: Grilled chicken breast, spring mix, green pepper, tomato, balsamic and oil. Chobani and a decaf skim latte for breakfast.

11July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Mary

Mary

I got a B yesterday, which is shocking. I had to guess some of my lunch nutrients, but maybe the chipotle salad wasn't as bad as I thought, just high in calories. I had 2 pieces of garlic bread made into mini pizzas for dinner with brocolli in cheese sauce. I did use my Wii Fit, but only for about 150 calories, but it's something!

My scale was again disappointing this morning, adding another 1.5lbs. Is the protein powder a good idea? I actually wasn't too discouraged by my weight because I feel better. I was a little sore waking up so something must be shifting in my body, unless it was just kicking in my sleep.

I am getting all dressed up for work anymore and am done looking like a snob. Dave doesn't compliment me so I better look for someone else to. I feel much better about myself when I've put a little effort into my appearance.

I had my OJ & berries shake this morning and am going to Subway for lunch. I brought clothes to work out in this afternoon but it's really hot out there, not sure I can walk in that heat & humidity.

I really wish people wouldn't ask me to go to lunch, I have a tv dinner waiting to eat here. it's hard to say no though since people then think you're antisocial.

12July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Sheila

Nobody ever asks me to lunch. I guess I'm too boring. Oh well, I'm over it. Definitely feel better when you look better. I'm never leaving without makeup on again. I have run into three former flames in the last two weeks and for one of them I looked absolutely hideous. Tried to melt into the wall but it didn't work. I won't let myself be caught like that again.

13July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:20 pm

keb78

keb78

Just ate the most delicious pizza ever with garlic, spinach & pepperoni but was good all day prior so hopefully it will all even out.
I think protein powder in the shake is a good idea to give you a better balance as long as you are not drinking that shake with a meal (must serve as your meal). I decided to get rid of some of those powerbars i bought during my running stint and had one for breakfast. It really kept me full most of the day. I get a C+ today but totally guessed on the pizza. They need to expand the database to include palermo's and chi tung

14July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Mary

Mary

I got an A- for the day. I worked off 380 calories on the Wii and just had a banana milkshake for dinner and some sunflower seeds. I checked the "day complete" button to prevent me from eating anymore. I went slightly over my calories, but that's okay, I only have it at 1200 which should be anyone's minimum. I feel good about this and look forward to good results on mr scale tomorrow.

15July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:14 am

Sheila

1200! Oh my gosh. I need to change my settings. Mine is set at 1900. No wonder I've been getting fatter

16July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:32 am

Sheila

Just checked my average calorie consumption and its 1860. And thats with me thinking I've been doing good! And zero exercise Sad I really need to start getting up early and getting a workout in. I haven't even checked to see if those dvds work yet. I changed my setting to 1500 calories which will probably be impossible for me but we'll see!

17July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 am

keb78

keb78

i hope you aren't weighing yourself everyday! did anyone check out that website with bmr? it suggested that i do about 1500 calories, though i've been averaging closer to 1800. Just think what we were taking in-probably 2500!
i did not get up this morning so hopefully i can squeeze something in during Audrey's nap. these rainy days keep me in bed- such good sleeping weather!

18July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:28 am

Sheila

I think my lack of sleep is whats keeping me fat. Its been just impossible for me to workout. I can't get up any earlier than I do, and at night I am way too wiped out to do any sort of physical activity. It was so much easier on furlough. I'm going to have to be really good with my food. I only weigh myself about once or maybe twice a week. Otherwise you don't see results. I want to see pounds lost, not measly ounces! That BMR website suggested 1300 for me. Yikes! I've really been overindulging

19July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:41 am

keb78

keb78

have you read any of the hot topics on the calorie count website?- i was just glancing at so frustrated a minute ago. The responses are hilarious.

20July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:50 am

Mary

Mary

I do think sleep is important, that is why I have stopped setting my alarm for 6:30 when I won't get out of bed until 8. No more snoozing. Sleep quality is important.

I am going to weigh myself everyday. When I've been bad I need to see a bad number to get me back on track.

My wedding is much to far to keep that your primary goal, I'm making goals for every 2 weeks. I will see people I don't like Saturday so I want to look good for that. My sales meeting is the first week of August so if I'm going to be presenting I want everyone to be in awe of how good I look so no one will concentrate on my babbling. I also have 2 wedding to attend in August, so there are a bunch of mini goals to keep me going.

I did check that website out, Kathy. It was interesting. It suggested about 1560 calories. I do read the calorie counter posts too. They set me up in a group for maintaining weight and some of the posts are ridiculous. Some of these people clearly have eating disorders (5'8", 119lbs). I didn't realize it was for maintenance at first and was shocked.

1860 is a good calorie average for you, Sheila. I average way more than that when not "dieting". Putting me at 1200 was hoping I could lose 2lbs a week.

152 this morning!

21July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:50 pm

keb78

keb78

I just finished 20 min on elliptical and olivia, sinead and i did yoga flex (10 min). sinead said she had enough at minute 9 and olivia declared that we weren't too flexy!
I hope the super computer whiz at work can figure out why my emails appear blank!?

i got an A today. Mary do you have any idea on how to change email address registerd with this account? I can't seem to do it.

22July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 pm

keb78

keb78

B for today, long and very slow walk with the family through beautiful oak lawn. Perhaps an earlier start tomorrow?
CC 40c-40f-20p works good for me. Extra fat keeps you satisfied.

23July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Mary

Mary

What does CC 40c-40f-20p mean?

24July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:58 am

Sheila

calorie count. carbs. fats. protein
I am a complete and utter failure. I don't know how I can compete in moline. haven't done even a shred of exercise in weeks now. Consumed nearly 100 grams of fat yesterday in the forty dollars worth of chi tung I ordered for myself. Can somebody force me to jog? I keep using the hot weather as an excuse

25July 5th through 11th Empty Re: July 5th through 11th Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 am

keb78

keb78

Chi tung sounds wonderful right now. I am tempted to order for lunch. Beer calories at game and grad party definitely put me over but today is a new day. Coffee brewing, plenty of chobani to choose from. Exercise may not happen as my neck is very sore. Hopefully not meningitis...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum