Fit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Week of June 27th-July 3rd

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 am

keb78

keb78

Mary do you have 2 identities? Where is Margaret? Good night all

27Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:03 am

keb78

keb78

Off to the zoo, that should count for some walking!

28Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Ann

Just spent an hour at the gym! I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, a few of them hauling ass, plus the ab machine (if that actually works). Ate my chobani and granola for breakfast, now snacking on trail mix.

29Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:16 pm

Mary

Mary

3.2 miles complete! My reseach suggests that to be roughly 260 calories. I had my shake this morning, which was delicious (less milk, more berries), my chicken salad for lunch, which was just okay (dressing spilled so lettuce and croutons were soggy). I am really craving chocolate today, but luckily there isn't much around in the office today. I did have a mini snickers (1 bite kind) and about 10 M&Ms. That curbed the cravings. Also upped the water intake today.

30Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:36 pm

keb78

keb78

Zoo was a nightmare with new bear exhibit. Poor Sinead looked very stressed due to traffic congestion with all the strollers. I think she shares a phobia with me. I had to beeline it over to the icecream stand and not only did we have icecream but they also got frozen drinks as well. Not much walking accomplished. Just fried up a couple of irish sausages until harry gets back with the salad fixins. I'll aim for the lower body workout this evening.

31Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:41 am

Sheila

You guys are so good! I have done absolutely nothing all week. Just too darn tired. Trying to eat somewhat decent since I'm not getting any exercise. And trying to increase my water as well. Hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

32Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Mary

Mary

I ate too much dinner but was pretty good all-in-all yesterday. I was exhausted though and went to bed at 9:15. This was also a tactic to stop eating. I created a free account at caloriecount.about.com and have been logging my food and exercise since yesterday. I'm sure I've created a dozen or so of these accounts, but maybe this time will be different. It does teach me alot about what is actually really bad for me and vice versa. I'm really upset with my cheese at the moment. And my fat free feta-so much sodium. The analysis tab is really great, breaking everything up into vitamins and nutrients so you can see exactly what you're not getting enough of (fiber, iron, potassium) and what you're getting too much of (carbs, sat fat, sodium). Then it will tell me what I should incorporate into my diet to hit the daily recommendations. It also serves as a great time waster at work, which is why I haven't been able to leave the office til 8pm.

This morning, 1 spoonful into my cereal I realized the milk was 10 days past due, so I had to throw that out. Instead, I just had a orange juice smoothie with my berries and the protein scoop. It was really good, slightly less calories than yesterday's milk mix, and more vitamin C. So far my nutrition grade for the day is A-. I'm going to eat my apple soon and get a cup of coffee. I will try to do my walk a bit earlier today and pick up subway veggie sandwich on my route back to the office. Very exciting stuff.

33Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Mary

Mary

3.4 miles today and a Subway veggie delite on 9 grain wheat. My daily grade is now a B. Shopping this evening so I better be careful what I buy.

34Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

keb78

keb78

Mary you are doing so great! I didn't get around to any video last night due to sheer exhaustion. I just received a new pack of blank dvds so again, if anyone needs a redo.... Mary I am making your ab one tonight!

35Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:47 pm

Ann

Wow, Mary! You are really doing great. Did you contact the wedding planner yet? I did 40 minutes on the treadmill today, which it said was 3 miles and 350 calories. I find the calories hard to believe, however. Chobani and granola for breakfast, but McDonald's hamburger for lunch! Really afriad for Florida-no exercise and too much junk food I'm sure. Boy, that walk must have really worn you ladies out. A gangbanger thug outside the Dollar Store today told me I was pretty, so it was a real ego boost.

36Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Mary

Mary

Clearly, you're hauling ass, Ann. Your McDonald's hamburger was 250 calories, not bad. D+, but a good source of iron and 12g protein. If you didn't have fries, I'm really impressed!

A man at work, who I've never seen before, said I look like a giant peach. I assume he was referring to my shirt and matching shoes rather than my body shape since James was no where to be seen.

37Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Mary

Mary

And no, I did not contact the wedding planner yet. I need to decide if I really want to get married first.

38Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Mary

Mary

Had a slice of provolone and a slice of cajun turkey from the deli counter at Jewel, in addition to a Quaker chewy chocolate chip granola bar that I gobbled up in the parking lot. So far at home I've just had a handful of sunflower kernels. My tracking shows me at about 1100 calories for the day, so I have some room for another snack, but I'm doing okay now.

I bought a chobani to try, I got the 2% rather than the 0% because it had more fiber, I think. Something made me decide that was actually better for me, despite the extra 20 calories.

Good buys: Broccoli, bananas, wheat bread, bagel thins, turkey breast, fiber one bars, iceberg lettuce, as requested, Jergens, eggs, 2% milk (Dave won't drink the 1% I want to buy)

Bad buys: garlic bread (buy 1 get 1), 3 types of cheese, pretzels, ranch dressing

Calorie counter has a toolbar that I've added to my computer. It has an Eat Meter to show me where I am for today against my goal calories. It also gives me my grade for the day and the lbs I've lost already. I love it. I also love that I was 4lbs less today than 2 days ago. I know, a fluke, but I'm running with it.

39Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:13 pm

keb78

keb78

I am so jealous of those who have worked out. I can't even face it right now-not even 10 minutes, how sad. My new scale should be arriving tomorrow-the other one wore out i guess. Hopefully this one will tell me what i want to hear.

I did open a can of La croix instead of a bottle of beer though and I had lamb chops and trader joes curried rice/veggie mix for dinner. To top it off, a handful of organic raspberries from my own backyard for dessert! They are delicious! I am going to check that calorie counter out-sounds very informative.

Mary if you don't get married, you will start buying cats and we all know what happens to those ladies...

40Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Mary

Mary

They live happily ever after, going on adventures and shopping sprees? I agree that I do need kids at some point.

41Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Mary

Mary

Your dinner sounds wonderful! I was planning on having a heine light... I think I will.

42Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:53 pm

keb78

keb78

calorie count is eye opening! I got a C+ after adjusting my daily calorie goal, hehehe. It's amazing how it breaks everything down though. I didn't realize all that I was consuming. Damn Biryani rice.

43Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:26 am

Ann

I am going to check out calorie count today. Ended up doing really bad yesterday: a spicy chicken breast from Popeyes's for dinner (but I did skip the biscuit, and no curly fries) and two Lites. However, I was sitting outside with Jack and my lesbian neighbor Mary shouted across the street, "You look like a hot mama sitting there!" So, my options are wide open! Don't be hatin'

44Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:05 am

Mary

Mary

Wow, Ann! All the compliments, you should be motivated by them. I have had the Chobani filled with frozen mixed berries sitting on my coffee table for about 10 minutes. I'm going to eat it, but I have to build myself up to it, the texture is disturbing. I will try it though...

Electrolysis today and my cut & color. I'm getting highlights and taking 3 inches off, I think.

I hope Dave starts to worry when he sees me losing weight and getting a full body makeover. Who am I doing it for, Dave? A little jealousy could do him good.

Today's groupon (groupon.com) is $40 for 4 weeks of bootcamp. There is a location in Lincoln Park. I think I will get it. If you're not a member of groupon yet-do it! Everyday there are 2 deals in Chicago on all sorts of things. This is how I buy massages, electrolysis, sports tickets, dinner deals, etc. It's great!

45Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:23 am

Sheila

I can finally read the posts!!!! Did twenty minutes at a fairly leisurely pace on the bike this morning. Enjoyed a strawberry chobani with my decaf for breakfast. Have to be goo for the day so I can save my calories for friday night pizza night--something I refuse to give up.

46Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:48 am

keb78

keb78

Hilarious Ann! I need a lesbian neighbor to adore me. Going to check out groupon today too. Going for walk to Lake Katherine, will be slow with girls in tow and my stay at home hubby (i wish i could go on strike too). Only ate 1/2 a boston cream this morning. Audrey had the other half after finishing her own. Will make a salad for lunch.

47Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Mary

Mary

My hair looks fantastic. I have to go out so someone can compliment it, it won't look this good again until my next cut. That means a lot of alcohol calories coming up today. I'm having my shake now and taking a banana with me for the walk to the bar (should be a little over 3 miles).

48Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Ann

I was off today, so I did the 2 miles outside, but walked a lot of it. I definitely feel like I get a better workout on the treadmill at the work gym. I watched the yoga dvd, and tried to do some of it. I have a real problem with any movement that requires bending at the waist. Apparently my internal organs are still so smothered in fat that it prohibits normal movement. I am packing my gym shoes and workout clothes for Disney! For the first time in my life, I plan on using a hotel exercise room. Yeah Mary, Dave is going to start wondering...Friday night pizza sounds wonderful, Sheila.

49Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Mary

Mary

I didn't realize you were running, Ann. That is great. I can only walk. I've hurt myself in my exercise too. My left leg feels like it's out of its socket. Yesterday I also hurt my foot during my walk (6 miles-ther e& back). I was stupid and wore flip flops. I thought there was a rock stuck to my foot but never found it. Now I've got a bump and a bruise on my heel. It looks ugly, but I think it will heal quickly. I can't stop my exercise regime despite my small injuries. I'm going to walk by the lake for my 3 miles.

I have also decided to start taking vitamins again. Calorie Counter breaks down your diet into all the nutrients you need and I am not getting enough iron, vitamin A, and a lot of other things. Potassium too...how many bananas am I supposed to eat a day? I think the daily recommendation is too high there.

I was bad with the beer calories last night and my intake exceeded by output by too much. The scale reflected my poor performance yesterday. However, when Dave got home he cooked a pizza and didn't have any (other than 1 piece of pepperoni and the crust from 1 slice). My self control was amazing.

I did buy the groupon but I won't be able to use it for a while based on their start dates and my travel schedule.

2 men said hi to me yesterday during my walk. One fat, the other a hipster doofus, but it still felt nice. It was totally the haircut (which Dave did not notice).

50Week of June 27th-July 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Week of June 27th-July 3rd Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:50 pm

keb78

keb78

feeling drained...i take my vitamins and get enough sleep, what can i blame? Had a bit to much pasta bolognese for lunch so i went with a portillo's chicken pecan salad for dinner-will give away my lemon poppyseed muffin. i only get to indulge in alcohol if i exercise-new rule. I feel it is a good incentive to exercise. Goal 20 minutes elliptical and 10 minutes of abs tonight while kids watch dora.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum